Monday, July 4, 2011

Filipino Food: Kare-Kare

Filipino Food: Kare-Kare Video Clips. Duration : 3.35 Mins.


A favorite dish and pillar of the Philippine culinary repertoire, Kare-Kare, a stew traditionally made with peanuts oxtail and vegetables of the region. Long beans, eggplant and bok choy are used in this comfort food. From my point of view, this dish so ubiquitous in my family celebrations such as leche flan, egg rolls or Pancit Canton. The company uses beef short ribs, and instead of boiling all together or with a pressure cooker, I first brown the meat and then cook. I think that helps theenhance the flavor and creates a deeper, more complex, more refined end product, without the need for Kare Kare-packaged mix that many people use. I mean really, give me a break, right? Have fun!

Tags: Bjorn delacruz, Kare Kare, Filipino, Food, Philippines, Lonesome Lake, Music, Peanut, Stew, Beef, Ox tail, Braise, Bjorncorp, Studios, Pressure, cooker, cook, meat

vr3 bluetooth car stereo

No comments:

Post a Comment