Monday, September 5, 2011

The miracle of the pressure cooker

The miracle of the pressure cooker

Pressure Cooker

I must admit that I was afraid for years kitchens! My mother has religiously when I was a kid, but I think "do not touch 'constant warnings that" step back "and scared me to have one. It also does not help that constantly flickered, hissed and let steam in all directions. After some on-line research, it seems that I'm not the only one who had a phobia about growing pressure cooker.

All this about two years ago when I started my changedChef personal affairs. I needed to accelerate the process of cooking some of my favorite dishes. I knew that a pressure cooker would be the solution, so I had to take the plunge and buy my first pressure cooker. Alton Brown, I'll do what it does best and explain the mechanics of pressure cookers and types available.

Well, I honestly do not know what I do without my pressure cooker. It 'great for last-minute food preparation and allows me to put a meal on our table in less thanOne hour. The traditional method of cooking rice takes about 20 minutes, but with a pressure cooker, rice ready in less than 7. This is good news for impatient cooks like me! I think every cook should learn to use, because it is a time saver. You can put any kind of meat, including the cheap cuts difficult in there and be prepared quickly and is tender and tasty. The newer models are safe, easy to use and you can choose a good one for less than $ 60.

A few days agoThe expenditure for the food I found the chest for sale. I thought about all the possibilities for the breast, but settled for sandwiches breast with Italian bread with tomato and avocado and serve garnished with potato salad light. Usually a chest would require about 3-4 hours of preparation time. With my pressure cooker, it only took about an hour.

Chest spicy beef

Cooking time: 60 minutes Ingredients:

* 1 onion, sliced

* 3 cloves garlic, minced

* 1serrano chili, seeded and chopped (optional)

* 1-1/2 tablespoons. brown sugar

* 1 tbsp. Chili powder

* 1 tbsp. Cider vinegar

* 1 / 2 tsp. Cumin

* 1 tsp. Salt

* 1 / 8 tsp. Pepper

* 3 lbs. Breast of beef, chopped (you can ask your butcher to do it for you)

* 2 tbsp. Vegetable oil

* 2:01 a cooking liquid (water, beer, wine, broth, tomato paste - all they have always at hand)

* 1 avocado

* 1 tomato

Method: Combine the garlic, chilli, sugar,Chili powder, vinegar, cumin and salt in a large zip top bag. Rub this mixture on all sides of the chest. Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight. Heat Heat the oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat. Meat Cook uncovered 6-8 minutes, turning brown on both sides. Add cooking liquid to allow the lifting of the meat go to some of the liquid below. Wedges and onion marinade then cover the pressure cooker and bring to high pressure. Bake for 1 hour at stabilized pressure. Let the pressure andCoverage. Slices of meat across the grain. Serve with gravy. 8 servings While the breast was boiling, I put a light potato salad. I will post the recipe soon. Of course you can serve the breast with a simple salad, rice, potatoes, etc. We have for sandwiches! Because it was easy and fast.

For my sandwich, I dipped the bread in the sauce pan, then add the meat breast, sliced ​​tomatoes and avocado. T has chosen to stay with some of his homemade barbecue sauce have. OBy the way ... was delicious.

klh indoor outdoor speakers ceramic tile distributors nashville electric riser recliner chair

No comments:

Post a Comment